Safety Training Officer
Spemocean Pte Ltd. is looking to hire Safety Training Officer for their upcoming project in Brunei. Local Bruneian is preferred but client will be willing to consider other nationalities. More information will be provided to suitable candidates.
Overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Support the development of policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable polices, procedures and standards and regulations pertaining to specific duties and responsibilities of each job.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to stay current with changes in policy, methods, equipment needs, budget and departmental operations.
- Ability to assemble information and compile reports and documents.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees, management, consultants and government entities.
Certifications listed are mandatory:
- HNC QHSE
Qualified or interested candidates, please submit your updated resume in MS Word format
To apply for a position, please: