Spemocean Pte Ltd. is looking to hire Radio Operator for their upcoming project in Brunei. Local Bruneian is preferred but client will be willing to consider other nationalities. More information will be provided to suitable candidates.
Overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Operate radio equipment in order to communicate
- Turn controls or throw switches in order to activate power, adjust voice volume and modulation, and set transmitters on specified frequencies.
- Broadcast weather reports and warnings.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections and routine tests in order to ensure that operations standards are met.
- Coordinate radio-related aspects of locating and contacting airplanes and ships that are missing or in distress.
- Examine and operate new equipment prior to installation in order to ensure that it performs properly.
- Operate sound-recording equipment in order to record signals and preserve broadcasts for purposes such as analysis by intelligence personnel.
- Repair radio equipment as necessary, using electronic testing equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Review applicable regulations regarding radio communications, and report violations.
- Set up antennas and mobile communication units
- Communicate with receiving operators in order to exchange transmission instructions.
- Determine and obtain bearings of sources from which signals originate, using direction-finding procedures and equipment.
- Maintain station logs of messages transmitted and received
- Monitor emergency frequencies in order to detect distress calls and respond by dispatching emergency equipment.
- OGUK, BOSIET and GMDSS Certification is a must.
- Familiarity with radio technology with minimum 3 years relevant work experience
Qualified or interested candidates, please submit your updated resume in MS Word format through http://www.oilgas.jobs/view-jobs.aspx?pid=371.
To apply for a position, please: