Spemocean Pte Ltd. is looking to hire Painter for their upcoming project in Brunei. Local Bruneian is preferred but client will be willing to consider other nationalities. More information will be provided to suitable candidates.
Overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them.
- Solid knowledge of commercial painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate painting tools
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- OGUK and BOSIET Certification is a must.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
Qualified or interested candidates, please submit your updated resume in MS Word format through http://www.oilgas.jobs/view-jobs.aspx?pid=374.
To apply for a position, please: